Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So Ready For SPRING!!!

Do you sometimes feel torn in a million directions? That's how I've been feeling lately...I am so ready for the warmer weather and end of snow that will come with spring but I am so not ready for this baby to be here yet. I am really wanting to get things done around the house (especially the baby's room!) but have been feeling so tired. I also think that Carson is possessed...no really. The last few weeks have been torture with him! I said to my mom that he didn't really have a "terrible twos" phase but he sure has hit the "ferocious fours" with a bang! It has become a daily battle with him over EVERYTHING!! And I'm not talking argue back and forth a little I'm talking full on tantrums with screaming, hitting and kicking. I am so not prepared for this since he has been a good kid up until now. I'm at the end of my rope and don't know what else to try. We have taken away toys (all he has is his bear he can't sleep without and some books) tried time outs (which basically does nothing) he's even got spanked (which I don't like and again basically does nothing). I've even tried some positive reinforcement on the rare occasions that he actually acts like a somewhat decent human being - again nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh and since the baby's room is not anywhere close to be completed but several people have wanted to know what her bedding looks like here is a link:
http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Black-and-White-Flower-Dots-13-piece-Crib-Bedding-Set/5235457/product.html
We didn't actually order through Overstock but they have a picture you can enlarge. =) I'm so excited to get her room finished, I'm thinking that since the set only comes with the valances I'm going to try to find fabric for longer curtains behind that has the same pink and I'm thinking kind of a lime green. If I can find what I want for that then I'll be painting the bottom half of her walls green. Then it's just deciding on a rug (which is not optional since our 2 upstairs bedrooms have pergo flooring in them and it gets chilly in the middle of the night!) and some decorative stuff and we will be done!!
Also, I just have to tell you that I'm so excited about the deal I got today!! In the latest Valpak there was a gift certificate for a sling through sevenslings.com that you only pay shipping which means you get a $39 sling for $11 (and change) for shipping! And to top it off they gave me a code to get the same deal on a nursing cover from uddercovers.com for $9.95 shipping! I'm so excited since I've wanted both but didn't want to pay full price since they weren't necessities.
Oh and happy late Valentine's Day! My hubby is so sweet, he got me toilet guts for V-day! Lol I'm sure everyone just read that and went, "Wait, what??" so I'll explain. We have 2 bathrooms in our house, one upstairs and one downstairs. The downstairs bathroom has been out of commission for about a year now, it was running pretty much constantly and so to save our water bill we just turned it off. That was suppose to be a temporary fix that turned into a long term fix :( . I think he finally got sick of hearing me whine about how it wasn't fair to not only move Carson downstairs and tell him he couldn't use the bathroom right next to his room but that sometimes when you're pregnant you have to use the bathroom NOW not after your husband gets done and then your 4 year old too!!! So he bought me all new insides for the downstairs toilet and then we decided to go back to Home Depot and get a new faucet for that bathroom too since the old one was a single pull on style that was hard for me to turn on/off let alone Carson. The only downside to all of this was it meant I had to clean the bathroom - mostly the toilet which was pretty gross since all of the water had evaporated (all the hard water I mean) and so it required lots of elbow grease and the use of the pumice stone. It was totally worth it though to have 2 working bathrooms again!! Oh, and just so you don't think he's totally unromantic he also got me a new houseplant which I prefer over cut flowers so he did AWESOME this year! I hope you all had an equally great Valentine's Day!

XOXO Christine

No comments: