I will be the first to admit that I am not the best housekeeper. That being said, I think that housework should be a shared job. I have the viewpoint that since I work outside our home 30-35 hours per week and Isaac works 40 per week that we should share the responsibilities at home. If I didn't work outside the home I would feel differently, but I don't so..... My problem comes from the fact that Isaac claims to not know what needs to be done around the house. I am at least somewhat inclined to believe that since he really doesn't notice things (he can be pretty oblivious) on top of my idea of clean and Isaac's idea of clean are vastly different. So, what do I do? I hate feeling like a nag and having to tell him everyday (usually several times per day) what I need help with. I have tried a chore chart and a list of things that need done. Both of them were ignored by my dear husband. I am out of ideas and very quickly running out of patience since my job has become increasingly stressful. Like I said, ugh. Does anyone have any ideas?? I am in desperate need of some new ones! Oh, and protesting by not doing anything doesn't work either it stresses me out to have a disgusting house on top of I have a hard time being mean like that and it takes A LOT before Isaac even notices something is going on! So, like I said, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :)
XOXO Christine
2 comments:
Allow me to suggest a couple things. Not that your marriage is bad - but they help you see how men view the world. First, the book "Strangling Your Husband is NOT an Option" by Merrilee Browne Boyack. SUCH a GOOD book!!! Also, "For All Eternity" by Dr. John Lund - a 4 talk, 5 cd set. Amazing!
Another thing - men really don't notice the things that need to be done. An option would be to divide the chores up (he's in charge of X, Y and Z) and tack a chart on the fridge. That way, if you want him to clean up, direct him to the fridge so he can check the things he is in charge of and then it seems as if he is noticing it himself! :) I hope this helps!
Sorry- didn't read the whole post! Ignore my idea for the chore chart. Just look into the book and CD's. They help a TON!!!
Post a Comment