CHRISTMAS
We had a great Christmas this year and got totally spoiled! Carson finally understood what was going on this year so that was lots of fun. We had been planning on redoing his room as his "Santa" gift this year, then however he figured out the whole lets ask Santa for something deal and told EVERYONE that Santa was bringing him Ocumus Prime (Optimus Prime from Transformers). So Santa had to do some last minute plan changes but all turned out in the end. I do have to say though that sometimes the age limits on toys can be very misleading!! Santa got an Optimus that said 5+ which usually presents little problems for Carson, this time however....well lets just say that on Christmas Eve it took Isaac and me (both of us are 25 by the way) 2+ hours to figure out how to change Optimus to semi form and back! The instructions are basically useless and if you don't do things in a certain order....I think you get the idea. After the first go around though it's taken less and less time to change him although that might have something to do with the fact that after he gets changed Carson will play with him for a few minutes and want him the other way. Carson also got other small gifts from us and of course gifts from all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. His big gift from my parents this year was a new bed, which means that Carson now has a twin size bed that he loves! He is getting to be such a big boy and will not hesitate to let you know that! Isaac got a new tool set (that he is under orders will NOT leave our house) to replace the set that is missing half of it's original parts. He was very excited and surprised to get it - especially since I usually give something away without meaning to and I didn't this year!! Yay me!! I was lucky this year and got my gifts early, my new Tahoe and some visits to the chiropractor which I am VERY happy with! All in all we had a great Christmas and want to tell everyone thank you and we love you all!!
NEW YEARS
So this year we did something new (for us anyways) for New Years Eve. We took Carson over to Isaac's parents house and dropped him off. Then Isaac and I went out to dinner just the two of us and then went home and watched movies and the ball drop. Then we went to bed because, well we were tired and we were not going to pass up a night of uninterrupted sleep in our own bed....sigh - it was wondermus! It was a quiet and uneventful New Years but one that I hope we can make a tradition!!
So that concludes that holiday posts, I will post more later on my New Years resolutions and some other happenings but for now;
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND HAPPY 2010!!
xoxoxo Christine
1 comment:
What a fun thing to do on New Year's! And can I tell you - my 14 year old brother got Optimus Prime as well. It took him, my brother who is 25, my husband (26) like 2 hours and they never finished it. My sister in law and I took it away and had it finished in like 20 minutes (we are 25 and 26). Anyway- the only way we could have done it (even though we deny this) was with the boys help with the first 2/3! :) Stupid toys!
Post a Comment